Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] serializing dissection tree to a file

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 18:01:56 -0700

On Jul 7, 2008, at 4:08 PM, MARK LANDRISCINA wrote:

I need the ability to serialize/deserialize the dissection tree (epan_dissect_t) filled in by epan_dissect_run.

Is this functionality already available, or is this something that I will have to write myself?

If by "serialize ... to a file" you mean "write out as PDML", that functionality exists in Wireshark and TShark.

If you mean anything else, you will need to write it yourself - and if you need to be able to deserialize into a dissection tree, you will need to write that yourself.