Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] losing packets: epilogue

From: "Maria de Fatima Requena" <MariaF.Requena@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:07:16 +0200
Just for the record, and in case anyone is interested, it eventually looks like we have managed to deal with the problem of lost packets.

We have been doing many modifications in the way, but it seems that the most decisive change has been separating the whole application in as many threads as possible, in order to liberate the process of capture of CPU load, and in the other hand, (testing at the moment) physically limiting the number of ip's monitorized.

Thanks for all the help received. Luckily I hope I will not have to post problems again!

María de Fátima Requena Cabot (2488)
+34 91 787 23 00 alhambra-eidos.es