Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark licencing

From: "Gupta, Pavan" <pgupta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:41:05 +0530

Hello,

I would like to know if we conform to GPL norms if Wireshark is invoked from our commercial application.

Here’s what we are planning to do:

  1. Install our application on customer’s machine.
  2. Customer’s machine should have Wireshark installed on it.
  3. Our application would invoke Wireshark executable and have the output stored in some file.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Pavan Gupta

"This email message and any attachments are confidential information of Starent Networks, Corp. The information transmitted may not be used to create or change any contractual obligations of Starent Networks, Corp. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this e-mail and its attachments by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank you."