Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compile error using svn revision 25628

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:45:52 -0400
John Smith wrote:

Im running Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, and srt the additonal
CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W'.

-Wshadow will cause various warnings when building the current Wireshark source. Make errors will therefore occur since Wireshark is compiled with 'treat all warnings as errors' (for the most part).
(I know since I've been gradually fixing -Wshadow warnings).

I would expect that there will also be warnings (and thus make errors) for -Wcast-qual.

-Wpointer-arith is (as far as I can see) is already included in the default CFLAGS.

I suggest not using the extra CFLAGS if you want to build Wireshark w/o warnings.... (and thus Make errors).

Alternatively, you'll need to remove the -Werror.