Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.5 - 1.0.0
From: Thomas Boehne <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:57:48 +0200
Andrew,

On Thursday 26 June 2008 09:51, [email protected] wrote:
> Ages ago I wrote a dissector for Wireshark 0.99.5, which worked fine.
> I've just tried using Wireshark 1.0.0 and with the same trace I get a
> malformed packet on the decode! Has anyone else had this problem?

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had to fix several things: 

- hidden elements are deprecated and seem to be treated differently
  than with 0.99.5

- for some fields (i.e., FT_INT) combined with certain display styles
  (i.e., BASE_HEX) are invalid - however that should cause an
  assertion to fail. Do you see any debug output on the console?

I think that (in my case) the malformed packet problem was caused by
an DISSECTOR_ASSERT_NOT_REACHED macro in proto.c that was reached
because the hidden fields are now treated differently, but I am not
sure.

Best regards
Thomas Böhne

-- 
**************************************************************************
* Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
* Thomas Böhne
* Rheinstraße 2-4
* 64653 Lorsch, Germany
* http://www.ADwin.de
* Phone: +49 (6251) 9632-0                  Fax: +49 (6251) 56819
**************************************************************************
* Responsible: C.E.O. Hubert Morgenstern
* Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Bensheim, Register no.: B24717
**************************************************************************