Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ATM Dissector Enhancements

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:02:33 -0700
McAtee, Kip wrote:

We�d like to enhance packet-atm to call the ppp, eth, or IP dissectors as appropriate.

Presumably you mean "we'd like to enhance some of the dissectors packet-atm.c to call the PPP dissector in case X, the Ethernet dissector in case Y in addition to LANE (where we already call the Ethernet dissector), and the IP dissectors in case Z", for some values of X, Y, and Z (e.g., "PPPoA" for X).

Is anybody already working on that or is there any objection with this change?

I don't know whether anybody's working on that, but, as long as X, Y, and Z are reasonable, that would make sense.

What are the details of the changes you'd like to make?