Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ATM Dissector Enhancements
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:02:33 -0700
McAtee, Kip wrote:

We’d like to enhance packet-atm to call the ppp, eth, or IP dissectors as appropriate.
Presumably you mean "we'd like to enhance some of the dissectors
packet-atm.c to call the PPP dissector in case X, the Ethernet dissector
in case Y in addition to LANE (where we already call the Ethernet
dissector), and the IP dissectors in case Z", for some values of X, Y,
and Z (e.g., "PPPoA" for X).
Is anybody already working on that or is there any objection with this change?
I don't know whether anybody's working on that, but, as long as X, Y,
and Z are reasonable, that would make sense.
What are the details of the changes you'd like to make?