Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with your product-Cannot delete

From: "Robert" <rroling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:52:32 -0500

Gentlemen-

I attempted to download Wireshark 1.0.0 to my flash drive, but installation would not complete.  I was left with an executable icon named “wireshark-setup-1.0.0”, which appears to be an executable file of size 0 bytes.  When I attempted to delete it and start over, I received the message “Cannot delete wireshark-setup-1.0.0: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)” on my XP system.  After further attempts to delete it, I receive the message “Cannot delete wireshark-setup-1.0.0: The parameter is incorrect.”  When I tried to delete it on Vista, I received the message “Cannot delete.  Another process is accessing the program.”   I am also prevented from  reinstalling the program to the drive on either system. I cannot even reformat the drive.  What can be done to resolve this aggravating issue?

Robert Roling, CCNP

(214) 679-3306(M)

(469) 229-5465(H)