Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question regarding tcp_dissect_pdus

From: Oli Marling <oli-in-london@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:04:17 +0000
Hi all,

I have a question about tcp_dissect_pdus. Is tcp_dissect_pdus able to deal with out-of-order data, e.g. where a retransmission occurs? My plugin which uses tcp_dissect_pdus seems to lose the pdu boundary when a retransmission occurs. Instead it starts inspecting the leading bytes of each packet, failing my conditional check for some constant identifiers and so not continuing with protocol dissection.

If anybody in the know could give me a hand then it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Oli.

Miss your Messenger buddies when on-the-go? Get Messenger on your Mobile!