Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark plugin restrictions? linker error

From: "Getov, Kalin" <kalin.getov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:10:15 +0200
Hi all,

I'm trying to write a plugin dissector and sometimes get linker errors, that some function cannot be found...
(e.g. guint8 tvb_get_bits8( ) from tvbuff.h ). I was wondering if there are some restrictions and why this can happen if the
function from the example in the developers guide (guint8 tvb_get_guint8(tvbuff_t*, gint offset)) works fine...

Can anybody give me a hint? It is maybe something trivial...:/

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Dipl.-Ing.Kalin Getov

Sinamics Software Development

Siemens AG
Industry Sector, IA SE SH 42
Tel.    : +49 (9131) 98-3534
mailto:kalin.getov@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.siemens.com/automation

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme
Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Jim Reid-Anderson, Hermann Requardt,
Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322