Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to capture using wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:20:24 +0200
Hi,

Such a question isn't likely to get a valuable response if you don't specify the context in which you're running it. And by the way, why an old version like 0.99.7?

Jaap

atdev.queries@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

After downloading wireshark-0.99.7, I compiled it and installed it using command:

./configure --prefix=/path
make

make install

When i run the executable it is working fine. But when I turned to super user and tried to capture the traffic by running the Wireshark it is hanging i.e., It never responded for any click on file or capture or edit tabs.

Could any one face this type of problem? Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandra.