Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to check whether a plugin is installed from inside a dis
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:20:41 -0400

[email protected] wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently trying to decode the IEEE 802.16E TLV's that WIMAXASNCP is unable to, and I found out that the corresponding TLV's are already dissected in the Intel WiMAX plugin.
I have been trying to link up the two plugins so that the IEEE specified
TLV's are dissected in WIMAXASNCP plugin using the functions available
in the WIMAX plugin, while they still retain the necessary independence
from each other.
For this, I am thinking of decoding only if I find a given plugin
installed.Is there any way to check from inside a dissector whether a
plugin is installed or not?
Would find_dissector() work?