Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] LUA development highlighting bytefield display with LUA

From: "Rowswell, Brent" <brent.rowswell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:15:50 -0600
I've been trying to use this to get the subtrees to highlight, and so
far I can only get the first subtree to highlight correctly.  Here's the
syntax of what I'm trying.

local subtree = (tree:add(my_proto, tvb:range(), "my header")) -- works
local mytree = (subtree:add("TEST ", tvb:range(0x1), "STUFF")) --
doesn't highlight

I know that wireshark can highlight the subtrees just by looking at the
ethernet filters in the hex pane, but for some reason this isn't
highlighting there.  What should I do to get this to highlight.  The way
I figure this should work is the first one highlights the entire tvb,
which it does, and the second should highlight all but the first byte,
which it doesn't.