Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is it possible to pass some private data to lua dissectors?

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:06:48 +0800
Hi all,

Is there any way to pass private data to lua dissectors (in my case, conversation info and corresponding data)?

What I'm trying to do is to dissect protocol's stable part using C code, and the other part using Lua.  The 'stable part' will not be changed frequently, and the other part will.

The best way I could imagine is to export pinfo.private_data  to Lua and serialize/deserialize it.