Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark build error

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:11:23 +0200
Hi,

Are you moving from plugin to build in? Then you still have a plugin lib floating around which gets picked up.

Thanx,
Jaap

Martin Corraine (mcorrain) wrote:
Hello,
I get the following error when I build my dissector(doesn't do anything yet because I want to make sure that it's registered correctly and so on). I've included the function that the error is in. "Err Duplicate protocol name "ged125"! This might be caused by an inappropriate plug-in or a development error." Thanks in advance!,
martin
void

proto_register_ged125(void) //taken from the acap dissector

{

static hf_register_info hf[] = {

{ &hf_ged125_response,

{ "Response", "ged125.response",

FT_BOOLEAN, BASE_NONE, NULL, 0x0,

"TRUE if GED125 response", HFILL }},

{ &hf_ged125_request,

{ "Request", "ged125.request",

FT_BOOLEAN, BASE_NONE, NULL, 0x0,

"TRUE if GED125 request", HFILL }}

};

static gint *ett[] = {

&ett_ged125,

&ett_ged125_reqresp,

};

proto_ged125 = proto_register_protocol("ged125", "ged125", "ged125"); *<---------------It doesn't like the first "ged125" or anything for that matter*

proto_register_field_array(proto_ged125, hf, array_length(hf));
proto_register_subtree_array(ett, array_length(ett));

}