Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Return -1 from a heuristic dissector

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:59:29 +0200
On 11. juni. 2008, at 16.22, Martin Mathieson wrote:

Section 2.7.2 of README.developer suggests that it should return 0, since that's how many bytes it has dissected.

It also shouldn't be setting desegment_len to 1. It should either set it to DESEGMENT_ONE_MORE_SEGMENT, or (better, where known) the actual number of bytes its waiting for.

Ok. I have no ms-mms packets to test with, but the changes seems reasonable so I will go for this.

--
Stig Bjørlykke