Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build Failure.Please help!!

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:44:26 -0400
Tobias W�rre wrote:
Hi
I'm not fully immersed of the details of the build process, but I think (well know, but I'm a
> bit modest... ;) ) it has to do with dependencies.
The C:\wireshark-1.0.0\ folder and all subfolders except for those created during a build (to see the effect do a 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean' and then a 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake all' and watch what folders that are created). In the end of the build, all necessary files are copied (using xcopy in windows) into /wireshark-gtk-1 and /wireshark-gtk2 and in those folders all dependencies are on the right places.

The C:\wireshark-1.0.0\ is only a placeholder of the development files until the build is ready.

Was I fussy or (or perhaps even wrong) somewhere? If so, please say that.

You are quite correct: the wireshark-gt? directories are especially created and populated to contain all the dependencies (dlls and etc) required to run wireshark, tshark & etc on Windows in the development environment.