Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Ged125 protocol

From: "Martin Corraine (mcorrain)" <mcorrain@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:20:32 -0400
Hello all,

I'm trying to write the dissector for Cisco's ged125 protocol. Cisco gave this as my first project. Anyways, I need some help. I'm confused on the general process for writing the dissectors. (I have already built wireshark) I have found skeleton dissector templates and they are pretty good. The part that I'm stuck on is the function that actually dissects the packets. I have the specs on the packets but don't know where to go from there. Can anyone briefly explain the process?

My second question: Can I call the TCP dissector if the ged125 is based off of TCP?

Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin