Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Color of row for custom dissector always red-on-black

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:02:08 +0200
On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:23:35PM -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 08:51:24PM -0700, David Underhill wrote:
>
> > I've written a few custom dissectors / plugins for Wireshark, but I
> > have one small problem: the row shows up in the red-on-black color
> > scheme which is usually used to indicate that the checksum on a packet
> > was bad.  How can I tell Wireshark that a packet I've done the
> > dissecting for is ok?  (I can't seem to find it in the manual).
>
> Check the coloring rules under the Edit menu to see which rule(s) cause
> the red on black and see the string of filter(s) that causes it to
> change to that color.

Or you can look in the packet-details pane and select the packet
with the coloring and expand the "frame" tree. That will show
you which coloring rule and filter "colored" your frame. Once you know
what causes your frames to be colored, you can edit the coloring rules
to prevent that from happening.

Cheers,
    Sake