Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dynamic dissector

From: Tobias Wärre <tobias.warre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:49:08 +0200
Hello Chris,
I'd say that it's possible. I'm doing a thesis work in the same direction, though not using XML but a language I constructed for this (Yet Another Language, I know... ;) and it's going quite well.

I haven't announced this before, but as I'm near completion of the work (it's probably nowhere near complete for advanced users (read developers), but still something to prototype/not having to recompile all the time benefits) I think it'd be ready for announcement anyway, Wireshark is open source after all.

Regards,
Tobias