Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Parsing DIAMETER packet: Interpretation of DATE/TIME and GROUPED

From: "Cloud Strife" <tipidpc.ataman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:01:30 +0800
Hi,
I am currently developing a prototype DIAMETER parser but it doesn't have a dictionary nor an XML parser. It's a hard-coded and just check the bytes position to be able to determine the length and the AVPs.  I'm having difficulty in interpreting data formats DATE/TIME and GROUPED. I know that the the DATE/TIME is in NTP and is a 32 bit integer. How would I print (or able to compare it with another) in a human readable.
Another thing is the GROUPED data type. I can only extract AVPs on the first level and store it in a data structure in C ( actually union of integer, array of unsigned char, struct in_addr). How would I extract/store those in the 2nd level and below? I'm not using pointers. I need some advise/suggestions here.
It's kind of hard for me to integrate the diameter libraries in wireshark :(

Thanks in advance for your help.