Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compile Error

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:56:44 -0700
Eloy Paris wrote:

Was there a copy and paste error here? The above is a runtime error
(warning, actually), not a compile-time error,

...but TShark *is* run to generate the wireshark-filter man page, so a runtime warning does show up as a compile-time warning.

However, as you note, it's just a warning, and...

it gets fixed by doing what the message says.

...or by manually editing ~/.wiresark/preferences and removing the line that sets "rtp_player.max_visible".