Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] FW: Build Failure.Please help!!

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:15:11 -0400
Kumar, Hemant wrote:
I got around this problem by modifying the statement in Makefile in Wireshark directory.Just modified the -*�reference=Makefile.nmake *to *�r Makefile.nmake*.

Another problem which I am facing now is related to Bison.exe.I get the following error now.

  bison  -d -p ascend ascend-grammar.y -o ascend-grammar.c

* c:\util\gnu\bin\bison.EXE: /usr/local/lib/bison.simple: No such file or director *

c:\util\gnu\bin\...  as a path seems a bit unexpected....

Are you using cygwin ?

If not, I suggest you start over (following exactly the instructions in the developer's guide).

(The wireshark windows build is based upon the use of cygwin).

For example; the cygwin version of touch implements the --reference option.