Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Working with pcap

From: "Rob MacKenzie" <rmackenzie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:19:23 -0400
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LibpcapFileFormat

That's a description of the format.  If you want to analyze timestamps,
it is trivial to do so with the packet times inside the packet header.
I wrote a python app to do precisely that a while back.

Like Guy Harris said, the Pcap file is very standardized and outside
Wireshark's control.  This is more of a question relating to
libpcap/winpcap or at least Wireshark-users.

Good luck with your development,

Rob MacKenzie
Advanced Connectivity Developer