Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] *** No rule to make target `inet_pton.lo', needed by `libwir

From: Guillaume Bienkowski <guillaume.bienkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:19:35 +0200
Ok I answer to myself........

The file inet_pton.c seems to be misplaced in the root directory, instead of being in epan/.
This causes the make to output an error, not finding the inet_pton.c file.

I found a solution to compile correctly on a Japanese website which had the very same problem in FreeBSD:
http://nhh.mo-blog.jp/ttt/cat1425818/index.html  (look for 'inet_pton')

Basically:
in the root directory:

# ./configure [your options]
# *gmake inet_pton.o*
# *gmake inet_pton.lo

**
*# cd epan
# ln -s ../inet_pton.lo
# ln -s ../inet_pton.o
# cd .libs/
# ln -s ../../.libs/inet_pton.o
# make
# make install

I should may be pull up a bug report for this...