Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dynamic dissector

From: "Chris Barlas" <chris_barlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:16:13 -0500

I have been tasked to determine if it’s possible to write a dynamic dissector for wireshark which reads an XML file for the message structures/protocol information.  I have been reading the dev docs but haven’t really been able to affirm or deny the possibility.  I know RTFM is the best way, but with my big wig meeting coming up tomorrow.. I wanted to ask the list and see what you guys had to say.

Thanks for reading and I’m hoping this worked out.. been using ethereal for years.. now to wireshark! I hope to be able to finally contribute.

Regards,

Chris