Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Calea packet dissection in wireshark
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:19:19 -0700
Ian Brown wrote:

  As far as I see, there is no support for Calea packet dissection in wireshark.

Are there intentions to add support for Calea packet dissection in
wireshark in the near future ?
	http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.11

"Q 1.11: Are there any plans to support {your favorite protocol}?

A: Support for particular protocols is added to Wireshark as a result of people contributing that support; no formal plans for adding support for particular protocols in particular future releases exist."
I.e., if somebody contributes support for whatever protocols are used
for CALEA, Wireshark will support it.  There *does* appear to be support
for a "Redback Lawful Intercept" protocol; I don't know whether that's
used for CALEA in the US.