Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is it must to have dumpcap built in wireshark-1.0.0 in order

From: "Moheed Moheed Ahmad" <moheedm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:18:13 +0530
Sorry Devs,

My bad, I just got the answer from wireshark-users list.

Moheed

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Moheed Moheed Ahmad <moheedm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Devs,

I built tshark with --disable-dumpcap configure option and it builts.
But on running tshark it Errors out: It can't fork child process dumpcap.

But I don't understant why?

Is it must to have dumpcap built along with tshark to get packet captured?

and if it can't run without dumpcap then why the configure option of disable-dumpcap?

When I built the same with dumpcap it works fine.

--
Regds,
Moheed Moheed Ahmad

--