Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Something has happened to the uat dialogs...

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:15:20 +0200
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:23:33AM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> Guy Harris wrote:
> > Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:
> >
> >> I get this warnings when I open a uat dialog from the preferences:
> >>
> >> (wireshark:20588): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
> >> `GtkCList' to `GtkTreeView'
> >
> > Sounds like an incomplete conversion from GtkCList to GtkTreeView
>
> The clist member of a uat_rep_t is a GtkCList, but, in uat_window(), it does
>
>          rep->selection =
> gtk_tree_view_get_selection(GTK_TREE_VIEW(rep->clist));
>          gtk_tree_selection_set_mode(rep->selection, GTK_SELECTION_SINGLE);
>
> but that seems to go back a *long* way, so this isn't a recent change.

I think these errors were introduced after the whole GTK-1 cleanup. IIRC
the uat code was forced to GTK-1 and we just removed the directives.
I'm not enough of a GTK wizard to be able to rewrite the code. Should
we add a bugreport for it, or is there someone with (more) GTK knowledge
having enough time to fix this shortly?

Cheers,
    Sake