Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error on Windows with VC 6

From: Abhijit Mirajkar <abhijit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:19:02 +0530
Hi, thanks for the hints Bill ! The problem is now resolved.

Here are the mistakes I made (for the benefit of other newbies like me):

Apart from using vcvars32.bat, I was also using Platform SDK's setenv.bat
I overlooked the following note
"as the Platform SDK is already integrated in the package (MSVC 6), you
obviously don't need to install it and don't even need to call a separate
environment setting batch file for the Platform SDK!"

I still got an error (could not find header file 'htmlhelp.h') when I used
only MSVC environment. However the problem was not having "HTML Help
Workshop" installed. As given in the help of Microsoft compiler toolchain
(Win32 native) (4.4.8.2), I need to install HTML Help Workshop if I am using
MSVC 6.

I overcame it by commenting "HHC_DIR" and "HHC_EXE" lines in config.nmake,
as I am not interested in generating fresh docs.

Regards,
Abhijit