Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] checkapi Errors

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:02:25 +0200

Hi,

This is the remaining errors turned up by check API any help with fixing them or thoughts on the subject welcome.

Wireshark/

Error: Found prohibited APIs in capture-pcap-util.c: free          allocated by winpcap

Error: Found prohibited APIs in airpcap_loader.c: malloc

Error: Found prohibited APIs in file.c: sprintf

Error: Found prohibited APIs in inet_ntop.c: strcpy

Error: Found prohibited APIs in strcasecmp.c: strcasecmp        do we still need this?

Error: Found prohibited APIs in strncasecmp.c: strncasecmp    do we still need this?

Error: Found prohibited APIs in strptime.c: strncasecmp

Wirershark/gtk

Error: Found prohibited APIs in follow_stream.c: tmpnam

Error: Found prohibited APIs in progress_dlg.c: strncpy

Error: Found prohibited APIs in funnel_stat.c: free

Error: Found prohibited APIs in file_dlg_win32.c: open,unlink

Wireshark/epan

Error: Found prohibited APIs in emem.c: strncpy,malloc,free

Error: Found prohibited APIs in filesystem.c: strncpy,strncat

Error: Found prohibited APIs in gcp.c: g_strdown

Error: Found prohibited APIs in oids.c: sprintf,free                        Change to smifree

Error: Found prohibited APIs in proto.c: strcat                              xxx_hidden() can be removed now?

Error: Found prohibited APIs in to_str.c: strcpy,strncpy

Regards

Anders