Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector - Read data from file

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 18:21:02 +0200
Hans Gl�ck wrote:
Hello,

I�m writing a dissector but I do not want to read the data live from the network.

The dissector doesn't care where the data comes from.

I have a file (~60MB) with the data I want to dissect. What should I do that I can read the data from this file (e.g. that the user
can choose the file he/she want to analyze).

If the file is in any of the many formats Wireshark can read just open it.
You might want to split the file up before loading it, since it might consume your systems memory with state information.

Regards
Chris