Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] access to older packets and other layers

From: "Stephan Neumann" <neumann_stephan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:11:45 +0200
I write an own dissector and I have two problems:

1st problem:
I want to save a attribute in a packet and an another packet should be able to read that attribute.
example: first packet save a number in a variable and perhaps the 10th packet of my dissector wants to read the variable.
My first idea was an file, but perhaps someone has an better Idea or a dissector example where this problem is solved

2st problem:
The dissector is an heuristic dissector on TCP and I want to read the Port of TCP and the Address of IP. My first (very bad) idea is to change the "packet-tcp.c" and the "packet-ip.c". Has anybody an idea to solve that problem without changing files from the original source code of Wireshark.
--
Desperate Housewives - das Spiel!
Pikante Skandale, schockierende Details unter: http://flat.games.gmx.de