Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua and heuristic dissectors

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:12:20 +0200
No planning on anything...

Still it shouldn't be too complex to add heuristic dissectors...

We should:
- change the  current "lua dissector" (the wrapper that invokes the
lua user function) to use the signature of a new-style dissector and
pass the return of the lua function.
- change the register functions to register new-style dissectors

Anyway, being heuristic dissector preety "intensive" (they are called
too many times more than normal ones) you'd probably go better writing
your heuristic dissector in C.

BR
Luis