Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem (and fix?) building pdfs from docbook

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:52:28 +0200
Jaap Keuter schrieb:
Hi,

Changing "fop.extensions" to "fop1.extensions" just addresses a non-existing object. That is the same as removing it or commenting out, as you did. You can just set it to "0", as the comment says "FOP 0.93 doesn't handle them, yet". Neither does 0.94, so it seems.
So I don't understand why this fails at all. If "fop.extensions" is ignored on 0.93 and later, then it shouldn't matter if it's set or not and how it's set ;-)

But obviously it seems to have some effect :-(
I'm also still having trouble with the graphics. :(
?
Since 0.20.5 is still omnipresent I would leave it like it is.
On Windows, you have to use a copy of the FOP zip contents "installed" by hand, usually only for Wireshark development (even if you need it for a different project, you could keep different FOP versions in different places). So me personally don't care which FOP version to use unless it's working well.

I don't have a clue about the version situation on the various Unix based systems, but if I understand you correct, 0.20.5 seems to be still quite common ...

Regards, ULFL