Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem (and fix?) building pdfs from docbook

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:59:54 +0200
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:31:27PM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> AFAIK, this will remove clickable bookmarks in the PDF files, which
> would be a bad thing - as they are really helpful when working with the PDF.

> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/fop.extensions.html
>
> suggests, that this setting should have no effect on FOP versions beyond
> 0.20.5, but this obviously seems to be not true.
>

> Could you check, if
>
> <xsl:param name="fop1.extensions" select="1"/>

Yes, replacing fop.extensions by fop1.extensions works.
Deleting the entry altogether has the same effect on my system.

> works for you and produces bookmarks on the pdf?

I'm not sure what clickable bookmarks are. What I have tested is, that
I can click on links referring to other parts of the document, links to
external documents and the table of contents is clickable (but doesn't
use highlighting to indicate that).

> I'm not really sure how to continue here ...

So given the results: Which solution is preferrable? Deleting the entry
or changing it to fop1 (or handling it via a commandline option in the
Makefile).

Thanks
      Joerg