Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with VS-2005

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 00:40:56 +0200
Maynard, Chris schrieb:
Would installing the redistributable package from Microsoft on the other
machines resolve Barry's problem?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4
C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
I would expect No.

The redistributable package contains the Visual C-runtime library (which
the dissector plugin needs) and having the dissector plugin run with a
different vcrt than the rest of Wireshark obviously makes trouble.

Even if a very basic dissector might even work that way, there might be
strange problems coming up - and I don't think we want to
drill down problems caused by strange vcrt configurations ...