Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new payload type to the RTP protocol

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:53:39 +0100
Hi,

You may want to hardcode the payload type that your codec will do, or add a preference for the value.
Are you always using the same payload type number?

See packet-rtp-events.c (for RFC 2833 telephony events) as an example.

It registers a payload type entry in the table using

dissector_delete("rtp.pt", saved_payload_type_value, rtp_events_handle);

But lets you change the payload type using a preference.

Hope this helps,
Martin