Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new payload type to the RTP protocol

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:20:13 +0200
Hi,

Maybe the best way to do it is to have a dissector for your signaling protocol which sets up the RTP dissector. See rtp_add_address().

Thanx,
Jaap

Antoine bousquet wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that I discovered WireShark a few day ago and that I
find it great.  But the problem is I’m working with a RTP protocol but my
dynamic payload type is not known by WireShark.  So I decided that it would be
great to add it so I could use WireShark in a better way.  My problem is I was
wondering if it would be better to create a new RTP dissector plugin with my
payload type in it or to modify the actual RTP dissector.  What would be the
simpliest, knowing that I want to use my new dissector on a lot of computer, so
reinstalling WireShark on all of them would be painful.

Thank you
Antoine Bousquet