Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25232: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.in

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 10:09:25 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:
On May 5, 2008, at 10:06 AM, gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=25232

User: gerald
Date: 2008/05/05 10:06 AM

Log:
Have autoconf generate "ustar" tar files by default.

The automake tar-ustar option requires automake 1.9 or later, so I changed configure.in to check for that and updated autogen.sh to check for 1.9.

Also, are there any systems out there that wouldn't be able to read those tar files with the system's default version of tar?