Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] request help for packet capture using libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:07:44 -0700
atdev.queries@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

So I was wondering whether the programm is actually capturing any network packet.

If your program prints "Welcome ...", it's capturing packets. It will print "Welcome ..." for each packet it captures.

However, it's not saving those packets to the capture file that you've created with pcap_dump_open(). Your callback needs to write the packets out by calling pcap_dump().