Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25224: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 19:28:21 +0200
On 5. mai. 2008, at 02.18, Joerg Mayer wrote:

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:27:05PM +0000, stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Log:
Added a hidden SSID (wlan_mgt.ssid) to be able to filter on the ssid.

Why do you make this a hidden item? I'm not a big fan of hidden items as it makes it almost impossible for the "uninitiated" to know about them.

All tagged parameters are currently added as "wlan_mgt.tag.interpretion" and I did not want to add another visible entry to display the same value as "Tag interpretation" for SSID. I think we should cleanup the ieee80211 dissector to add uniq abbrevs for all tagged parameters.

I will cleanup handling SSID as binary in WLAN Traffic Statistics, as the code you are pointing at is used for this.

--
Stig Bjørlykke