Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Re : Re: SMTP : Copying Data into a file

From: "Auvray Julien" <juauvray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:54:40 +0200

Hello everybody!!

I’m trying to add script to create a file in the source “epan/dissectors/packet-smtp.c” when I send a mail.

Then I have added :

FILE     *P_FICHIER;

P_FICHIER = fopen ("data2.txt", "w");

fclose(P_FICHIER);

at the beginning of the function “dissect_smtp”.

And when I start wireshark and I send my mail, I have no file created. So I don’t understand how function the soft.

Anybody can help. I’m a true beginner.

Thanks

Julien

From: "goitom kahsay" <goitom.mit2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:23:35 +0300

Hi  Sebastien,

The SMTP dissector is defined @

epan/dissectors/packet-smtp.c

But can u help me any idea on how to extract the SMTP email parameters such as
From,To,subject ,date and .... from the SMTP packets

Any idea is most appriciated

10Q  in advance