Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Byte Ordering in Dissector

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:33:09 -0400

Barry Constantine wrote:
Hello,

I am running into a problem because the uint32 of my protocol is not in network byte order, but is in reverse byte order.

How can I override the default assumption of network byte order when I insert the uint32 into the dissector tree?

If you're using proto_tree_add_item() the last parameter specifies if the value is big or little endian:

proto_tree_add_item(tree, id, tvb, start, length, little_endian);

If you're fetching the value yourself you can use tvb_get_letoh*().