Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Communication between Dissectors

From: "Barry Constantine" <Barry.Constantine@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:21:38 -0700

Hello All,

I am not a developer per se, but wrote simple dissector following the excellent how to guide by Ken Thompson.

My protocol does not have a length field and rides on top of IP.  It is a simplistic throughput protocol for test measurement purposes and we calculate payload length based off of the IP layer Length field.

Can you point me to any resources how to interact with other dissectors?  In other words, my dissector needs to retrieve fields from the IP dissector.  Since I do not have a software background, I am looking for simple examples.

Thanks,

Barry