Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25171: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:17:55 -0400

Guy Harris wrote:
Martin Mathieson wrote:

Does anyone know of a gcc flag we can add to catch cases like this? It (obviously) compiled clean on my work machine.
I have a vague memory that newer versions of GCC (4.2?  4.3?) might have
a -W flag to catch implicit narrowing conversations, but I didn't see
anything obvious in the 4.3 manual; I might instead be remembering a
discussion that adding support for this would be a good idea, such as
	http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~wychen/cs261/proposal.htm
If Figure 1 is really a problem then my understanding of C just went out
the window...