Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Wireshark welcome page!

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:45:37 +0200
Hi,

That's classified top secret. We can tell you, but then we'll have to destroy your very existence. ;)

Jaap

Peter Johansson wrote:
2008/4/21, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>>:

    On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:40:36AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
     > Joerg Mayer schrieb:

     > >> Sounds reasonable.
     > >>

     > > I'm running a resolution of 1400x1050 and still have a vertical
    scrollbar
     > > (longish filenames in the recent file list). Maybe movting the
    file list
     > > to the right column would be a "solution" to the handling of
    long file-
     > > names?
     > >
     > No, that won't make any difference - beside the fact that it
    won't make
     > any sense from a users point of view.
     >
     > Longish file names of more than 60 chars should be automatically
     > stripped down to something shorter.
     >
     > Maybe you are using a font size that is too large to fit into this
     > meachnism.

    gui.gtk2.font_name: Monospace 8

    Is the only setting that contains the word font.

    ciao
       Joerg
    --
Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>>

What is special about March 1st and June 14th? The welcome page will display a different welcome message from the message "The World's Most Popular Network Protocol Analyzer" on these two dates. Just curious. BTW, the new welcome page is very nice. / Peter