Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Need help with build problem

From: Donald White <donald_white@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:24:34 -0700
After about a year without doing any dissector development, I am again trying to set up my development environment for Wireshark. I have tried to follow the developer guide, but am just missing something.

I am using VS6.0 with SP6 on XP SP2. I need to base my development on Wireshark 1.0 so I created my source tree from /wireshark/trunk-1.0. Maybe I should use /wireshark/releases/wireshark-1.0.0? I initially tried the /trunk HEAD version but seemed to catch in a bad state and, besides, I will initially need to distribute plugins for release 1.0..

My current problem is that I get the following error:

Linking wireshark.exe
       link @C:\DOCUME~1\Donald\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma00888.
CVPACK : fatal error CK1022: cannot open program database e:\wintools\htmlhelp\r
elease\htmlhelp.pdb
LINK : warning LNK4027: CVPACK error
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

Naturally I have no e: drive and can't find what is generating this reference.

I have run the makefile for the verify_tools, setup, distclean, clean and all targets.

Thanks,

Don