Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Wireshark welcome page!
From: Ulf Lamping <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:39:51 +0200
Gerald Combs schrieb:
Ulf Lamping wrote:

I would be interested in feedback:
- was the page intuitive right from the start or was something really confusing?
- something missing / should be added?
- should something really be removed?
- what do you think about this page in general?
- bugs?
It looks great! Much better than what we had before.
Thanks!
I usually set
gui.recent_files_count.max to 25, and this makes the "Files" area huge, on
Windows and Ubuntu at least. A Windows screen shot is attached.
Huh, that was a real though one - I spend several days on it now, but still no optimal solution!
I've committed an automatism to svn, once the recent files list get
above 17 or the capture interface list get's above 8, the list will be
placed into a scolled window. The magic numbers 8 and 17 comes from the
number of items to be placed without application scollbars with a min.
screen resolution of 1024*768 (appl will have slightly more than around
1000*700 pixels left).
Although I think it's better than before, I'm still not really satisfied
with the current solution. But I'm just too tired/bored to work even
further on it ...
Regards, ULFL