Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25072: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: dlg_

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:54:34 +0200
Stephen Fisher schrieb:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:47:20AM +0000, ulfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=25072

User: ulfl
Date: 2008/04/16 08:47 AM

Log:
 add "Save As" and "Save All" buttons to the dialog / stock_icons utils
 use them in the export object dialog

... and change the close button to cancel

I would rather see it say close because on this particular dialog you are not really doing anything but looking at the list of "HTTP Objects" so there is no action to cancel.
That just depends on how you see it. My idea was the following:

The action you're taking is "Export HTTP Objects", so showing the list of HTTP objects is like showing the files in an open file dialog to select one for saving (and in the file open dialog you'll also have Cancel).

A different thing would be: "Statistics / Show HTTP Objects" (or so), there I would also expect a Close button in that dialog.

However, I think there are a lot more of such places where a general cleanup has to take place ...

Regards, ULFL