Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25062: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: dlg_
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:23:55 -0700
Stig Bjørlykke wrote:
2008/4/17, Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>:
putenv("LANG=C")? ;-)
This works, of cource.  But can we add this in main()?
*Should* we add it in main?  It affects things other than the language
used in (some) buttons, e.g. it affects the way toupper() and tolower()
work (which is why we mustn't use them, or functions that use them, on
ASCII strings where we expect "i" to map to "I" in toupper() and expect
"I" to map to "i" in tolower(), as that *doesn't* happen in Turkish
locales, at least on Ubuntu).  Are there any cases where it affects
things in ways that users would want?